Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Lisa

Today is my older sisters birthday. She would have been celebrating 32 today but the farthest she got was 16. Enjoy each second you have with your loved ones. You never know when something horrible can happen.

I try telling my kids about Lisa... it's just so hard. How do you tell a 2 or 3 year old that someone so young and beautiful isn't living anymore? They see pictures and think she should be my younger sister. Most days it bugs me that they will never know how great my sister was, but I just have to remind myself that I got to meet my sister and all I can do is pass down stories.

Some of my favorite memories of Lisa....

*She use to play with my hair ALL the time. It usually hurt really bad because she would braid it SOOO tight.
*Not long before she passed away my dad let me run to Knox with her. That trip was probably the most fun I had ever had with her....even though she MADE me eat a hash brown from McDonalds. We tried making up a lie to tell my parents because we were gone for so long. She ended up taking us to a friends house and her boyfriends house. I think we came up with something like we stopped by to see my mamaw or something... I don't remember.
*Whenever our family was going somewhere she would get my little sister and I dressed and fix our hair.
*I fell in love with Barbie's because of her.
*She was my older beautiful sister... everything she did amazed me.

It has been 15 years since she has been gone and I still get strangers coming up to me asking if I am related to her. It's nice knowing that so many people still care about her.

Happy Birthday big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment