Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Getting adjusted to school

I always thought that the hardest part of sending my kids to school would be leaving them. I was wrong. Of course it kills me EVERY time that I drop Addison off at preschool. I can't believe that she is big enough to stay somewhere without me. To me, the hardest part is.... the whole morning of a school day. The morning always starts off with Addison asking for 2 more minutes in bed. HA, my little sleeping beauty! Then I have to fight with her to shower or get dressed (baths are usually the night before). Most mornings she refuses to eat breakfast because her school snack (little debbie or crackers with cheese/pb usually) will be better than our food. Once she is up and ready I have to get the 2 monster boys ready. They are the easy part!! Normally it takes 10 minutes to get coats (I HATE THIS COLD WINTRY WEATHER), hats & shoes on. Then another 5 minutes to get in the car and buckled up. I could be in the car with my coat, shoes & hat on in a minute. Kids are so slow and poky! :-) After driving to school (2 minutes tops) we have to get out of the car (big hassle) and into the school. It's easy to drop Addison off at school. All I do is take her coat off and say bye! Then it's time to go back out in the 10 degree weather and get back into the car. I feel like I get home with the boys... wait... I started a routine (WHAT WAS I THINKING??), Lucas gets a juice and candy at the gas station every time Addison is at school. So that's another place we have to get out & back in the car for! Then it's time to go home and relax. hahaha... what parent knows what the word relax means?

re-lax -verb
1. To make less tense, rigid or firm; make lax: to relax the muscles.

Sounds amazing, huh?

Anyways... after staying home an hour or so it's time to feed Owen & Lucas, diapers & off to pick up Addison!

I thought having one kid in school would give me a break! I wish! It just gave me so much more to do! Maybe once I have 2 in school I'll feel like I'm getting a break. It doesn't help that I have to haul around a 20+ lb baby in his carseat.

No comments:

Post a Comment