Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I know we did! Our Christmas started 2 days early!! We all opened a gift on the 23rd and on the 24th! :-) Christmas Eve we always spend with Kyle's family. Santa came for a small visit and I was shocked that the kids went by him! It was past the kids bedtime when we started heading home. I wanted the kids to stay awake so they could put out cookies and milk and get a bedtime story but it didn't happen. After I put out the cookies & milk Lucas had woke up and wanted to play with his toys from grandpa & grandma! I let him play for awhile and noticed that he ate Santa's cookies! :-) I still had some wrapping to do and our house was trashed so I started cleaning until Lucas got tired. Once he fell asleep I pulled out all the toys that needed wrapped (only about 10 or so). Earlier that day Lucas was wrapping toys with my tape and used it all :-) Sadly, that was all the tape I had. I searched my house for something else...all I could find was masking tape! :-) After everything was wrapped and put away it was 11:30, earliest I've been ready for bed on Christmas Eve since having kids!

Christmas morning I woke up at 4am. I would have LOVED to wake the kids up and start opening gifts but that would have been a disaster. So I laid in bed tossing and turning while watching The Nanny! Around 5:15am I called my sister.... I wonder if she remembers that. At 6am I finally woke everyone up!!! The kids LOVED all of their stuff!! Every gift Lucas was telling me that it's just what he wanted and he loved it!! :-)

After hours of playing with toy guns, RC cars & dogs & babies that talk it was time to get ready to go to my parents house for Christmas!!

We had a rough start at my parents house... everyone was grouchy but that changed quickly! We played games, ate great food and had tons of fun together!! My dad about killed us with a RC Helicopter, Joe & Kyle don't know how to put a Thomas train track set together the CORRECT way (I had to fix their mistakes :-), Owen ate some of the cat litter (yes...poop included...I think) and Miss Addison tried making us a cake in her easy bake oven but ate most of the dough before it went into the oven. Great memories!

Addison asked me if we could skip all the birthdays this year and just have Christmas again next week!! :-)

I hope you all had a great Christmas... any fun stories to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment