Thursday, November 10, 2011

My new obsession!

On Friday I picked up a new obsession!! My friend had mentioned doing it a few days before and it got me thinking about it. I saw the scarf & hats that she had made and they were too stinking cute! She had went shopping with me on Friday and showed me what she had been using - so I picked it all up.

I got the Boye Knifty Knitter round loom set first and 3 skeins of yarn. As soon as I got home from shopping I started knitting.

1st hat - not sure what I was doing...


too short - my kids have big heads


looks good


big screw up

I figured out what I was doing wrong so I was very excited to start a new hat.


Newborn hat - Addison's idea to put it on a baby doll!! :-)
It turned out perfect!
I tried adding a fluffy top... didn't figure it out....


Two adorable baby hats! - not sure if they actually fit a baby since I don't have a baby. :-( Any baby volunteers? I will make you a free hat!!

That night Kyle and I were at Walmart and I wanted to buy more knitting stuff. :-) I just started hours before this trip but I was already so addicted. I got 4-5 more skeins of yarn and a Boye Knifty Knitter Long Loom Set and a Flower loom.
These new looms got me started on more project!!


cute flowers for hats - currently working on adding a flower to a scarf...


Another cute baby hat - I was thinking about putting a brown ribbon through it... not sure yet.
With this hat I found out how to add the brim... very exciting!!


Lucas' bumblebee hat & scarf. The hat is too small... :-( I am figuring out how to do different stitches and play with colors!


Addison begs me to make her a hat daily now!!


I have made 2 hats that were horrible.... need to be thrown in the trash but Addison loves them!!

Right now I am working on a scarf that is red on one side and black on the other - Lucas' bumblebee scarf & the cable stitch.

I want to start knitting without the looms but it looks too hard!! :-) Maybe that will be my challenge this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment