Friday, December 2, 2011

Brands

My kids are such brand junkies!!  They love their Hienz Ketchup, Hersey's Chocolate Syrup, Chips Ahoy Cookies, Recee Puffs, Cocoa Pebbles.... the list goes on and on.

Sadly, I am the same way.  I have to have my Tide Laundry Detergent, Finish Dishwasher Detergent, Dawn Dish Soap, Pledge, Windex... the list goes on and on.

Since prices keep going up and my husbands salary isn't going up as fast - I decided to change a few things around the house.

Here is my experience so far...

Hersey's Chocolate Syrup VS. Great Value 
My kids HATE the Great Value syrup.  Addison wouldn't even take a 2nd drink.

Hienz Ketchup VS Great Value Ketchup
My kids didn't notice a thing.... I did but I can deal with it!!

Chips Ahoy VS Great Value
No difference!!

Cereal - we do NOT like any other kind except our certain brands... I've tried...

Bounty Paper Towel VS Great Value
I LOVE Great Value - no difference in product just price!!

Windex Glass Cleaner VS Great Value
I didn't mind the Great Value but it took more wiping than the Windex did.  I am back to using Windex now...

I do LOVE Clancy's Party Mix at Aldi's.  It was kinda like Gardetto's!  

So I am saving some money but some things we just can't change!!

No comments:

Post a Comment