Saturday, January 12, 2013

First day of school 2012-2013


 I know this is months past due - sorry!

The start of the school year was very exciting this year.  Addison was going into 1st grade, Lucas in Kindergarten and Owen in preschool.  I had a very hard time with all of it.  Lucas was more than ready to start school.  I was not ready for him to be gone so much though.  When Owen started school Kyle was out of town.  That was HORRIBLE.  Taking my baby to school and dropping him off ALONE.  Guess what I did?  Sat in the parking lot and cried the entire 2 1/2 hours!  :-)  I did the same thing on his 2nd day of school.

Owen started preschool at the YMCA.  My other two didn't go there so I really wasn't sure what to expect. I am very pleased with sending him there.  He goes 2 days a week, 1 day they have gym and the other swim lessons!  Owen hates going to school.  He says he is bored.  He has never really played with kids his age  (always older) so I'm sure he is bored.  Every time I pick him up he said he had fun...just hates going!  He is always singing little songs and talking about his friends now!

Lucas has the same teacher that Addison did last year.  She is amazing.  He likes school but hates being away from the house.  He would be happy to never leave the house....ever.  The start of the year was pretty rough, Lucas did not care about learning anything. He has quickly changed and wants to learn everything now.

Addison was worried about going to school this year because of friends.  Only one of her close friends was in her class.  After the first day of school she was no longer worried.  She was so excited to make new friends!  After the first month of class she told me that she wanted to be a teacher just like her teacher.  She loves her teacher and says that she is the greatest teacher in the world!  I would agree!



 








No comments:

Post a Comment