Saturday, September 12, 2009

Preschool


Last Tuesday my oldest child, Addison, started preschool. She is only 3 years old so it's only 2 days a week for 3 hours each day. When I signed her up I thought it'd be good for her to get out, meet some new friends and learn some new stuff. I did really good at the drop off on day #1. I didn't let her see me cry!! :-) She was SOO excited. She even yelled at me to leave! When we picked her up she didn't say much about it... only that the lights are magic.. still not sure what that's about! She had some school work that she did and wouldn't tell me a thing about that! Wednesday rolls around and she wanted to go back to school! I figured that'd be a good time to start asking her about what she did at school. THAT'S WHEN IT STARTED... I HATE SCHOOL came out of her mouth. My heart broke into a million pieces! She started telling me about a big girl that told her to get out of her house. I wasn't sure if I should believe it or ignore it. Addison is only 3 so not everything is true that she says! :-) She went on telling me about how the big girl pushed her and yelled at her to get out of the house. I wanted to call this little girls mom up on the phone and scream at her but I have no idea who it is!! Well, the next day at school I asked Addison to point the little girl out...she told me, "NO MOMMY... YOU NOT YELLING AT HER!" ha...she gets pushed and yelled at by this kid and she is protecting her...

I really don't want to send my kids to school but know I'd be a horrible home schooling parent!! I want to keep them little and at home with me forever but what kind of life would that be for them?

anyone have any help with how to get through the first year of preschool?

No comments:

Post a Comment